Thursday 26 September 2013

Possibilities for 'Counting Stars' music video

General message of the song: follow dreams give up money and do what you love “I don’t think the world is sold, I’m just doing what we’re told” “I feel something so right doing the wrong thing” “I could lie” “everything that kills me makes me feel alive”

-After the intro, when he has stop singing, on every beat change to a different location (there are around 4 beats until another instrumental is added)
-On the 5th beat when another instrumental is added go to a shot where actor is in the location we plan to use the most.
-The singer lengthen/places emphasis on the lyrics life, vine, heart, line, signs, find.
-“I see this life like a swinging vine, Swing my heart across the line”- exciting, take a chance so the content in the video could be faster paced (but to flow with the music) showing more fun activities (I.e the bonfire party/ fireworks) rather than the walking
-Flashing signs- literally having flashing signs of different streets or places or of the things he is trying to achieve
-“I could lie, could lie, could lie” maybe go back to shots of the job he hated? on the slow “everything that kills me makes me feel alive” as it builds up film firework going up? Basically just the correspondence between the tune going down and then building back up again into something better.
-If we do repeat shots of previous work it needs to look grey/dull/monotonous- everyone in similar clothes looking miserable.
-Dreaming/Praying/we’ll be..Nothing has happened yet its still all aspirations reaching dreaming trying to achieve. Faith. 
-In the verse starting “I feel the love and I feel it burn” passion, song as a faster pace (?) happier, “down this river every turn” movement, moving forward, progression 

Possibilities for “I don’t think the world is sold” -is it that they aren’t sold on the band or that they aren’t sold on this idealistic view of everyone following the same path/ aiming to make the most money? 

Research-
 Tedder's song ended up being much different than the original, taking on a soulful, gospel sound. "It kept the spirit of what I was looking for the whole time," he said. The track basically wrote itself, and includes some of the frontman's favorite lines from the album, like, "Everything that kills me makes me feel alive." He wrote the chorus — another one of his favorite lines — for anyone who loses sleep wondering how they're going to be able to afford their rent or provide for their family”

“He adds, "Our jobs as musicians is not only to reflect what we think and how we perceive the world, but also to reflect the world. A lot of our fans love EDM right now."
 http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/2013/02/interview-ryan-tedder-onerepublic-native.html#m0vxGk23BoDHI6wE.99

“Tedder points out that "Native" spotlights a more raw and authentic vocal delivery”


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp7nxC1R8ow#t=188 - behind the scenes of the official Counting Stars music video





1 comment:

  1. Your video is really taking shape. The narrative and the ideas you have for constructing that narrative sound fantastic. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete